Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Pictures from Guangzhou

David had already posted an update, so here are some pictures for you to enjoy!  It's about 2:00 pm Saturday in Guangzhou, and Micalee had her Medical Exam today.  She did a little better than I thought she would, especially with the dreaded TB skin test.  David & had a plan to help strengthen the slow-growing bond between Micalee & me.  He held her for the exams or handed her over to the nurses, and I was the "rescuer".  It seemed to work, because she came to me each time.  I held her more today than in the last few days combined.  She slowly opening up to me, but it's improving.  She catches herself rubbing my hand & then quickly pulls it away.  It's kinda funny; it's like she wants to like me, but thinks she shouldn't.  At the airport yesterday, David had to hand her to the security officer & she freaked, but quickly reached for me when she saw me (mommy rescued her again!!), so maybe she'll finally see I'm not so bad after all!   David is feeling better, now that there is a Starbuck's close by (although we haven't gone yet) & found quesadillas today (in China!!! & not bad!!!)  I hope you enjoy the pictures.  I've included Micalee's first plane ride, the view from our hotel & pictures of us today on the island.  Enjoy.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Glad things are getting better...I'm at Daddy's and we've been checking the blog every several hours, waiting on news and pics. Although...you commented that "here are pics from Guangzhou...no pics appeared today???? We need them...try again!
Love ya'll!
Tracy & Papaw Mike

Anonymous said...

OOOOhhhh......so she touches your hand and then pulls away when she realizes it! Uh, I guess I can't speak for the other "McGee girls", but sure sounds like me! hehehe :) Little Miss Independent there certainly doesn't want to appear as though she may need you, huh? I have a feeling she is going to fit in SO well with our "gal clan"...don't you see that? hehehe :) Miss you and LOVE YOU!!!!
AUNT JEANIE