Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, August 2, 2009

More from Guangzhou...

These are pictures from our 2nd night & 3rd day (2nd full day) in Guangzhou.  You can see that Micalee is happiest in the bathtub.  I think we're gonna try the pool later today.  Hopefully, that will go as well as the bath!  Yesterday, she was even more a Daddy's girl, well, until David didn't let her feed her watermelon to herself, then she thought she'd give me a try.  I let her feed some to herself, just so I could hold her a bit longer.  Right now, I'm taking whatever I can get.  The later in the day it is, the more she comes to me, even reaching out for me at times.  She is getting a little easier to calm down now (even letting me be the one to comfort her at times!), although when it's one of her just plain ole two-year-old temper tantrums, it still takes a while, but distraction with cookies seems to help!  That's the hardest part...determining when it's just a tantrum & when she needs us.  We're still struggling with that one.  We pretty much try to hold her & comfort her through whenever she has any kind of breakdown.  Bed time is still an issue.  She HATES going to sleep!  I think she thinks she's gonna miss something!  Last night was better, but she still wakes up a few times a night screaming.  Not sure if it's night terrors or something else.  She never looks fully awake.  We are trying to just pat her belly until she calms down (which seems to work the best) so that we don't fully wake her.  But when she is asleep, she will sleep through anything!  We're still all trying to figure each other out, but I think we're working in the right direction.  This is definately harder than I ever thought possible, even though I thought I was prepared by reading all I could before hand.  I knew we could be in trouble when our guide was giving a little talk before we all got our babies, and he said "for those of you who have less than 2 year old, you may have an easy baby...".  He never really addressed the "over 2 year old range".  I guess he didn't want to scare us off!!!  Anyway,  although she has been the greatest challenge we have ever or will ever face, I think she is totally worth it!  Just one smile with that cute little right sided dimple or a big belly laugh takes all the problems away, if only for a moment!

No comments: