Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, September 2, 2007

In Memory of David's Mother...


For those of you that do not already know, David's mother, Evelyn Wrightson, passed away this past Monday, August 27th. She's finally where she's wanted to be for the past 14 years, with her beloved husband. David was able to make it to Florida the Friday before, and had the chance to say good-bye. I have seen that something good can come from tragedy. This has brought David and his family closer together and has helped mend ties that have not been so strong through the years. I know this is something his mother is very proud of. I also had the pleasure of meeting some of David's family that I had never had the opportunity to meet. Just like my immediate family, there are some unique personalities (you know who you are!), and I truly felt like part of the family. I wish I could take some of the pain away that David and his family are feeling, but I know it's just part of the grieving process. It will just take some time. And listening to them all talk about their memories of their mother and father, I know they will get through this. Again, please keep them in your prayers. And to Howard and Evelyn Wrightson, thank you for your wonderful son, David. You raised a wonderful, loving and caring man, and I will always be grateful to both of you.

3 comments:

Pug Mama said...

okay, this is just too silly for me to keep this up when we were supposed to reveal ourselves to our secret pal this month. I sent you your package and didn't reveal myself, because I am waiting on something that I ordered for you to come in, and when I mail it to you, I was going to do the "big" reveal.
But I am so sadden by your news. and I wanted you to know that you and David are on my mind. I am sooooo sorry you lost you MIL. She sounded wonderful, and I am happy David got to connect with some family memebers - as horrible as a situation it was that caused him to do so, I am sure his mother is looking down from heaven and is happy that he did so.
So because I can't post anonymously, I have revealed myself - I was going to in a week or so anyways.....
sending hugs ~
your NOT SO secret GWCA pal
:0)

Kristy said...

Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and David.
Love, kristy

Linda and David said...

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!

Jeter Mama: I sent you an email; I hope you got it! Thank you for everything you've done for us in all of these months of waiting! You have been a GREAT secret pal!!!