Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, September 7, 2007

Happy Birthday, Jacob!!!

Happy Birthday, Jacob!!!!!! We love you so very much!!!!!!!
Today is my nephew Jacob's 5th birthday! I can't believe how much he has grown since that 3 pound 4 ounce little premature baby 5 years ago! He is the sweetest, funniest little boy! He is so smart and full of so much personality! And he says the funniest and "beyond his years" things! His birthday party is Saturday, which makes me think of the phone conversation I had with him just one year ago on his 4th birthday. I was sitting right here at this very computer, talking to him on the phone before going to his party. He asked me if we were bringing Micalee to his birthday party. I tried to explain to him that Micalee was still somewhere in China, and he said, "why did David leave Micalee in China?"! I couldn't help laugh; I must always make everything seem David's fault! He assumed that if Micalee was still in China, it must have been because of something David did! I also remember telling him that although Micalee wouldn't be coming to his party that day, she would definitely be there for his 5th birthday party. Boy, was I wrong! I would have never dreamed a year ago, that things were going to slow down to the point it has! As the "Rumor Queen" so graciously pointed out, there were only four months worth of referrals matched in the last year! But, on a good note, if it stays at the same turtle's pace, we should have our referral by this time next year, as we're less than four months of LID's behind the last batch of referrals. I'm still hoping for a slight speed up, so we can get our referral earlier in 2008, so MAYBE Micalee will be here for Jacob's 6th birthday party!!!

No comments: