Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, August 19, 2007

When it rains, it pours!

Wow, what a week it's been! First, our central A/C went out, just when we start having record high temps (over 100, with heat index over 110)! We put in a couple of window units which helped, but in the process, David drilled through the coils of one and ruined it, so we had to go buy a new one! I had to laugh (there was nothing else to do but laugh), but David didn't find it too fuuny! We had to replace the entire unit (A/C and heat), so that was a huge insult to the savings account. But with the rate of the referrals, we should be able to save that amount back up before we travel to China! We went four days without A/C, but it's in and blowing COLD!!! David had to have a "procedure" and is still very sore, but everything went well. However, his mother, who has been in the hospital for about a week, has just been diagnosed with Small Cell Carcinoma (cancer) of the lungs, and has been given 6 to 8 weeks to live. David is still recovering and is trying to figure out when he can make the trip to Florida. I can't stand to see him so upset and worry so much, and I'm not sure what to do for him. I'm usually good at this kind of thing (with family members of my patients), but when it comes to family, I can't seem to find the right words. I'm just trying to be there for him. He's taking all of this pretty hard. Please keep him and his family in your prayers!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Hi my name is Kristy and I keep up with your blog and I see that your husband is going through a tough time right now, well 3 years ago my husband lost his father to colon cancer in 30 days and I must say all you can do is be there for them. So what you are doing is just perfect, just love him. I will keep you in my prayers. Love, kristy