Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Micalee Day!!!

Don't let these pictures fool you!!!  It looks like it went smoothly (no documentation of the other extreme!), but as expected, Micalee had a pretty hard time with the day!  But, as you can see, she did finally settle in & start letting us in her heart.  We expect more hard times, but the good ones make it much better!  We actually got kisses from her!!!  We're dead beat from the extremely emotionally exhausting day, so just a quick note & a few pictures.  We're scheduled for paperwork tomorrow, and hopefully Micalee will go with the flow!  Keep us in your thoughts & prayers. Micalee is needing them right now (and us, too!).

8 comments:

Donna Dugas said...

I am SO happy for you all! My prayers are with you and Micalee. I pray that the paperwork will go smoothly and that you will continue to bond. God bless you all!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful!!! It won't take her long...the smile on her face says a million....Congrats on your baby girl...and best of wishes! Love, Wayne, Jessica, Colton, Ally, & Grayson

Laurie said...

She is so, so cute and looks so happy. That smile is wonderful. I am extremely happy for you and can't wait til you bring her home. Millie is waiting for her too (she told me that this morning)!!!!

Anonymous said...

It was hard to see the photos through the tears at first. What a glorious day to see the beginning of a new family!
wo ai ni
Mama (Bama)

Anonymous said...

AUNT JEANIE SAID>>>>>>> (it wouldn't let me sign in as me!!!) OH!!!! OH!!!!! How precious!!!! I know you are so excited, tired, happy, overwhelmed...all of it!!! But, you are a MOMMY!!! :) She is more beautiful in your arms than anywhere else!!! And look at that BIG HUGE smile!!!! That picture of her sleeping is like an angel finally at home!! I can't even find words to say....WOW! I love her! I love you!!! I can NOT wait to hold her and kiss those cheeks and lips!!! BRING HER HOME!!!!

The McConnell's said...

Jeanie - I'm a friend of Jeanie's and adopted our daughter 4 1/2 years ago. She was 15 months old, so the bonding was pretty fast. The best advice I can give, though, is don't wish away your time in China waiting for life to get back to normal. It will. Spend this precious time just being with Micalee just loving her. You will be surprised how much she will change in a week's time. Our prayers are with all of you!

Melissa McConnell

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Congratulations! She is very beautiful!

Luna said...

Congratulations on FINALLY having your daughter in your arms!! She is such a beautiful girl!