Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, July 27, 2009

First Full Day in Nanchang

More ups & downs, but getting better!  Micalee slept through the entire night last night!!!  Almost 11 hours!!! Unfortunately, I didn't sleep a wink (and with all that opportunity!!).  I kept peeking at her to make sure she was okay & with the time change & different bed, etc., I just didn't get alot of rest.  I'm hoping tonight, she'll do just as well & I will, too!  As I expected, she freaked out waking up in a new place, but she did calm down much quicker this morning than she did last night, so about 15 minutes of high-pitched, blood-curdling, glass-shattering screaming as opposed to the 1 1/2 hours last night!  So, it's better!  She seems to be accepting both of us, although today, after trying out the carrier (bad idea!), she didn't want anything to do with me for a while!  She was attached to David for most of our adoption paperwork today.  But by the time we got back to the hotel, I was okay again.  She is still having periods of total emotional breakdown, but who wouldn't after all she's been through!  It just breaks our hearts to see her so deeply upset & scared. We are just waiting (we should be good at that!), and just hoping it will get easier each day for her!   She appears to be very healthy & is fitting well in the size 18 month clothes we brought.  The size 6 shoes are a little too big (plenty of 5's at home!). She LOVES to eat!!  You almost have to make her stop; her stomach gets so distended!  She ate 1 1/2 banana & over a cup of cheerios last night!  And for breakfast today (after a bottle of formula/cereal) she ate watermelon, egg, rice & noodles! She is good at letting you know what she wants & even better at what she doesn't want!!  She had fun with her toys today & I got alot of true belly laughter out of her when playing!  She has even called me mama a few times (I know, melts your heart!). Her personality is really beginning to emerge!  She is going to be a strong-willed little girl!  Enjoy the pictures! Because I can't see the blog from China, I hope they are coming out okay (not too big or too small to see - Jeanie, feedback please!).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! How sweet! I am sooo excited for ya'll! Tears, tears, tears....Keep posting those pics...even though we don't have internet at the cabin...I keep running by the house to check on your updates and pics. She is sooo cute. How scared she must be, but if sure looks like she is "coming around". I can't imagine how she (and ya'll) are feeling, if I am feeling this nervous...then ya'll must really be emotionally drained! Hold her, love her, enjoy her...ya'll are making memories and those are so precious!
Love ya'll...can't wait to see my first niece ever!
Tracy

Craig said...

Hey guys it Craig. We are keeping up with you all. The website is working Linda. The pictures look great. Well except for the half naked picture of David. Thanks I won't be able to sleep well for awhile now :). Try to relax a bit Linda she will let you know if anything is wrong at night by waking up and crying so go to sleep!!

Laurie said...

Micalee is so adorable. She seems to be doing well under the circumstances. I know she will adjust and be so, so, so happy for the rest of her life, because she will grow up with such wonderful parents. I can't wait until ya'll get home. Keep us posted. I check it constantly!!!

marbet said...

OH!!!! She is so precious. Just keep up the good work. She'll get really demanding in the next few days which is a good sign that she feels comfortable with y'all. Enjoy this special bonding time. We are praying that this transition time gets easier and that your trip continues to go well. Take care.
Betsy