Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, May 21, 2010

First time ever I saw your face....

A year ago today, about this time of day, our phone rang & our adoption agency congratulated us on our new daughter! We were excited, nervous, shaking! This was finally happening! Within a couple of hours, our agency had emailed us with pictures of our little girl! She looked sad & empty, but with a hint of attitude! Well, today she is mostly happy (unless she can't have chocolate!) & full of love & laughter; and yes, there was a hint of attitude & it's still there! And I wouldn't change one thing about this amazing little girl! I would be lying if I said it was an easy transition or that it's complete. It's an ongoing thing & we've had alot of tears, but it has truly been worth every second! I can't wait to see how much more Micalee changes over the years (but not too soon; she's growing up way too fast!). I love you so much, Micalee!!! You can always make me smile & I hope I do the same for you! I'm so glad YOU are my daughter! I am amazed at how perfectly matched to this family you are. It is truly the magic of CCAA & the wonderful work of God. He knew where you belonged (maybe that's why we all had to wait a little longer than expected!). Here is Micalee holding her referral picture; what a difference a year makes!


1 comment:

Jenn said...

Happy 1 year Referral Anniversary! Micalee is such a beautiful little girl! So glad you are still blogging. Let us know if you ever plan a trip to FL. Would love to meet up with you again oneday! Take care.