Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 12, 2008

27 Months and counting.....

Hey! I know, I'm a couple of days late for our LID-anniversary post! We've hit the 27 month mark! Crazy, huh?!? We've decided to go ahead and plan our 10th wedding anniversary/vacation for mid-November, thinking there is no threat of getting our referral before then, or even then. Maybe it will be like washing you car then having it rain! That'll be okay; we can always change our plans! This last month's batch of referral covered 8 days (through 1/20/06), so at 49 days between the last LID referred and our LID of 3/10/06. If that stays the average, and CCAA doesn't skip a month of referral during the Olympics, we could POTENTIALLY have our referral in January 2009. A speed up, of course, would mean sooner, and a slow down would mean later! I have a gut feeling our referral will be in Feb 2009 (around my birthday!) with travel in Apr 2009 (around David's birthday!). And while I'm predicting, I think Micalee has already been born, probably in May (around Mother's day; maybe because of the poem Jeanie wrote for me "from Micalee") . We'll just have to wait & see! So, I hate to say it, but for some reason I have a renewed excitement about this whole thing. I know I shouldn't, because still, anything can happen. We still have to renew our fingerprints, have our homestudy updated and renew our Immigration approval (171-H expires in November). We'll probably do that late Summer or early Fall before we go on vacation. At least we should qualify for the free extension this time!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hey there! Thought I'd check in and say hi. I think we're daring to get excited again too. We are secretly still hoping for a referral in December but your guesses may be a bit more realistic. I have high hopes for next months batch of referrals. As always, only time will tell. Take care!

Jenn