Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 12, 2008

A very special Mother's Day gift...

I wanted to share a poem my sister, Jeanie, wrote for me for Mother's Day. Maybe other waiting mothers will find comfort in it, as I did.

A Million Stars
A Mother's Day Poem from Micalee
26 months ago the Angels started singing your name,
God told me I would be going home to you;
25 million stars light the way of the path,
That lets me see my new dream come true.
24 hours a day I watch you as you go,
You think of me so often, and each time, I know.
Too many times I have watched as you cried,
Not knowing when I will com home;
But, Mommy, I am swinging on the moon humming a song,
So the time doesn't seem to me so long.
15 giggles I have laughed out loud,
And I thought you heard me, although I wouldn't know how.
So many stories I have heard about you,
From those who once held you so dear;
They met me first, but can't wait to send me off,
Though the say they'll miss me up here.
10 times I have whispered to you,
And though you may not have heard me, I think that you knew.
You see, God made me special and especially for you,
And this is all a part of his plan;
And when we're together and meet that first day,
You'll think back and then understand.
3 Mother's Days I have sent down my love,
In the sunshine, the starlight and dew;
And though I'm not there, you're still Mommy to me,
And I am waiting for you, too.
Happy Mother's Day, Mommy!
I Love You from a Million Stars,
Micalee
***Thank you SO much, Jeanie!****I have read this poem over and over again, and I still cry! Blogger is not letting me put space in between segments of the poem! Sorry; it makes it harder to read!!!

No comments: