Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Two months ago today.....

I can't believe it has been two months since Micalee was placed in my arms! In a way, it seems like she's been here forever, although she has certainly not been here long enough! I'm still sad sometimes about missing her first two years of life, but whatever she went through has made her what she is right now, and if we had gotten our referral sooner, or she had been place sooner, we wouldn't be together. We missed so many first, but we are creating alot of our own. When I look back over the pictures from the night we got her and our time we spent in China, I realize how much she has blossomed! Our little two-year-old could hardly walk (not much at all without support), and now look at her running to her Mommy! She would have run away from her Mommy if she could have a couple of months ago! I can't even think about the night we got her or those days in China without tearing up. It was the most heart-wrenching time of my life! Now, this little girl, who wanted nothing to do with me, wants me to hold her as much as possible. And she is so full of smiles and laughter, although, she does still have those far away serious looks that makes me wonder what she's thinking. I'm sure she's still processing everything that has happened to her in her short life. I hope she knows how much she was wanted and how much she is loved. She has filled a void that I never even realized existed. Happy two-months-a-family, Micalee!!! Mommy & Daddy love you so very much!!!

1 comment:

Aunt Jeanie said...

She knows how much she is loved...you can see it in her smile!